Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Why Are Mortgage Rates Jumping?

I sit here staring out my window and appreciating the flowering plum trees in full bloom. It's so green here because of all the rain this season, but the flip side of that is the overabundance of weeds--everywhere. I haven't noticed if any of the foreclosures in town are suffering from too much overgrown grass rather than the pervasive yellow, dying lawns. I'm hoping that someone will buy them soon and transform them back to integral parts of a neighborhood again.

I don't have much time to appreciate the whispers of spring right now. I'm busy writing and editing other projects, so my post is short today. I found this article about why mortgage rates seem to be increasing, even as the Fed keeps lowering them. Hope you find it as interesting as I did.