Tuesday, March 25, 2008

R.I.P, Honey Bee

Sorry MamaE, but the exterminator came out this morning. Your dreams of running a raw honey operation from your backyard and chewing beeswax gum have been dashed.

For the deal of $150 (he charged me $200 last time), the bug man returned to finish the job he started in November. I tried to get him down to $100, but no can do.

He said that, to keep them out this time, we (read: husband) should spray the interior of each compartment with KILZ general purpose primer (which I thought was just for water damage) and use expandable foam to seal them both. It's so helpful that he waited to suggest this, since we would have saved quite a bit of money if he had told us after the first hive and before we painted the window. Oh, well.

This video is 1 minute and 11 seconds. I suggest you put your volume up and watch till the end. And, no, I did not get stung. Enjoy!