Saturday, February 16, 2008

Up, Up, and Away . . .

Sorry, folks, no time to post today. We're going up to play in the snow and we're leaving soon, so I have to get myself and several children ready. I'm not used to bundling them up for this type of activity, so they may end up looking like homeless Pillsbury Doughboys.

I did want to update you on my friend who used the How to Sell Your Home in 5 Days program. She sent me an e-mail stating that they've worked out a deal with the interested buyer. Nothing in concrete yet, but she's out shopping for another home, closer to this area.

From the comments that I received, some of you didn't feel that the book reflected a fair way of working with buyers. I've never been in a situation where I've wanted to sell when the market was this slow, so I don't know if I'd use this system. However, how is it different than offering your goods on an auction site, like eBay, where there is a minimum bid requirement ("reserve price amount"), but the bidders don't know what that is? The seller of the home tells the prospective buyers the starting bid, so they know that it must rise from there, and that there's a minimum sales price. I don't see that as being any different, but real estate just seems to push people's buttons these days.

Anyway, our psychotic weather is at it again. Our weekend was sunny and clear, but still chilly. Just for you, I snapped a few pictures of some of the hot air balloons that floated by on Saturday morning.


Hope you all have a great holiday!