Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Investors' Mecca

I will put up a "real" post later, but I just saw this article on MSNBC.com: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21098131/

It boggles my mind as to how many different ways the RE market can be analyzed. I'm glad to know that you can invest without understanding half this stuff--or maybe you need to. Was that my problem--that I didn't take into consideration the "seasonally adjusted index of pending sales" before buying the apartments? Hopefully, some of my future posts will attempt to answer why we failed so miserably in the multi-family segment.

Well, well, well, the pendulum has swung so far to the other side that many are now being refused the very loans which lenders were begging them to take as recent as a year ago. Ironic, to say the least. The buying market is currently shrinking and sellers are very nervous about that.

All I can say is "Yee Ha!!" This news article should convince those of you who have the money to invest right now to high-tail it to your local foreclosure (probably a few houses away) and give them an embarrassingly low offer. Just make sure you punch out the numbers first.