Monday, October 8, 2007

First and Last

Well, folks, I believe that my first ever eBay listing will be my last. I have received several responses from them (some automated, some not), but still have no idea why they suspended me from eBay for life. I just keep getting general statements with no details whatsoever. I have asked again. The e-mail stated that, if I wanted to apply for reinstatement, I would have to submit a copy of my driver license and a credit card or bank statement, or a utility bill. What?!

On Sunday, I did notice that the traffic to my Lousy T-shirt listing doubled from 40-something to over 80. My first thought was "Wow!" Now I wonder if this has something to do with it. I figure that if I didn't need eBay until now, I could probably live without it forever. I just can't get over the fact that they think I did something wrong. I feel like an eBay criminal, lurking around electronic corners, trying to break back in. They probably have pictures of me posted in all of the corporate offices, warning employees not to allow me on-line access (OK, so they don't know what I look like, but they do know my hair color and the circumference of my arms).

Maybe I should have been spelling the company name right from the start (E-bay vs. eBay). I knew that my grammatical errors would come back to haunt me one day.

Tomorrow I will begin the saga of how we sold our first apartment building. Hope that the eager anticipation that you must feel doesn't prevent you from getting a good night's sleep.