Friday, May 2, 2008

Visit Me at My New Blog Address

(This blog is continued at Whine Country Chronicles.)

Now that I've conducted my virtual garage sale, it's time for a new beginning. This will be my last post on "Overcoming Real Estate Losses." It's practical to move at this time of year. You know, the time when, traditionally, real estate sales are up and inventory moves briskly. Here in Temecula, however, I may be the only person relocating--and there's plenty of real estate on hand.

It seems appropriate that this last post contain an accurate total of the real estate losses we incurred during the two years that we owned the apartment buildings . . . $814,000. That's an incredible amount of money. It's gone and there's nothing that I can do about it now--except learn from the past and not repeat it. That's a given. My husband said that we sold our rental houses at the peak of the market. I guess we did it halfway right. It was the second half that tanked.

Back to new beginnings--besides raising and educating my children, I'm focused on our growing promotional products business, with all the hopes and excitement that new opportunities bring. If we hadn't had such a crushing financial blow, we would have never been motivated to do what we do now. What a blessing!

So, if you want to continue to experience my perspective on business, real estate, kids, and everything else in life that interests me (and, hopefully, you), please visit my new digs.

You can bring an appetizer, and I'll supply the whine.